Camp To Belong-Wisconsin Inc. (CTB-WI) is proud to host its inaugural camp in August of 2015… the 20th anniversary of Camp To Belong. Co-Directors, Kate and Robbie Bauer, have built a strong and diverse board of directors to give siblings the right to reunite in Wisconsin.
CTB-WI is not just about putting on a camp experience for kids in care (although, the experience does have a significant impact on the individual campers and volunteers). Our mission is broader in that we are working to highlight for Child Welfare professionals throughout Wisconsin the importance of the sibling connection. CTB brings to the forefront that keeping siblings together or setting up frequent visits is crucial to their well-being.
The experience of CTB-International is that kids go home from CTB and talk about the importance of their siblings with their caregivers, case managers and others that work with them. So too the social workers, foster parents, counselors, nurses, supervisors and other child welfare professionals that volunteer at CTB are also significantly impacted to the point that it does change their practice. This translates into more frequent visits between siblings, more contact in between visits and to siblings being reunited while in care. How CTB accomplishes this is by allowing people to not just hear and learn about the importance of sibling connections, it allows them to experience it. Learning about it is one thing, but feeling it leads to results. Feeling it will bring sustainable positive changes to the child welfare system in Wisconsin. We hope you join us in helping the system FEEL the importance of keeping siblings together and connected.
Please visit our website: www.CTB-WI.org
Join Camp To Belong-WI’s Facebook Page
- Birthday Cakes – Need about 30 small (4”-6”) birthday cakes for sibling birthday
- Birthday Gifts – Unwrapped gifts valued at $20 for kids age 8 – 18 to give to one another
- Craft Materials – Markers, crayons, construction paper, glue sticks, scissors, etc.
- Photo Paper for printing
- Administrative supplies – Sharpie markers, tape (Scotch, Duct, and Clear Packing), Trash
- bags (small, medium and large), Scissors, Staplers and staples, etc.
- Batteries, Lanterns and Flashlights
- Toiletries – Shampoo, Conditioner, Bar Soap, Toothbrushes and Toothpaste, etc.
- Large Plastic Storage Tubs
Contact Rob and Kate Bauer: email@example.com