Approximately 400,000 youth live in foster care in the U.S.
70% of those youth are separated from at least one of their siblings.
About CTB Campers
Over 25 years, the Camp To Belong community has reunited more than 14,000 brothers and sisters.
- Campers are ages 8 to 18 years old. In 2019, the average age was 12.
- Our 2019 Campers had been in foster care for almost 4 years and had been placed in an average of 4 foster homes.
- Over half of our campers do not live with any of their siblings.
- Most Campers see their siblings once each month or less.
- Caucasian 37.5% 37.5%
- Multiracial 23.0% 23.0%
- African American 14.0% 14.0%
- Latinx 9.7% 9.7%
- Native American 6.8% 6.8%
- Asian American/Pacific Islander 3.3% 3.3%
- Other 5.6% 5.6%
I attended this program when I was younger and in foster care, it gave me a chance to see my biological brothers and spend time with them. It was the most special moment in my life, to this day I still think about the time I had there.
Camp To Belong does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all of our campers, volunteers and staff members.
© Camp To Belong